Friday, March 13, 2009

The ipod in my head

Maybe it's because I enjoy music. Maybe it's because I was raised listening to music. Maybe it's just because I'm quirky that way, but I honestly have an ipod set on shuffle running through my head. Ask anyone who works with me, I will find a song to go with nearly any situation.

I was chatting with my very good friend today. We discussed how our kids make us crazy. It's true, they do. On occasions when I want to be super frustrated with my kids' behavior, I have the phrase "and could you hold him twice as long when he makes his mistakes" run through my head. It usually helps keep my voice volume in check. I get told from older generations (often) that "your gonna miss this" time of your life. It's hard to see it when I'm in the middle of it.

So, hit your shuffle button with me for a minute.
"I let all these years go by wasted" (Carrie Underwood) may be the lyric that goes through your head when you realize that you have missed special moments in your life.
Who doesn't think that "Ice Cream" (Sarah McLaughlan) would just make everything better? And as my kids all crowd around me I think, "Girl(s) you are wearing me out. Wearing me out!" (Josh Gracin), but all they think is "You're the one that I want" (Grease).
So, "Suddenly I See" (KT Tunstall) that the best I can only hope for is that things "can only go up from here" (Shania Twain).
Some of you may have had the chance to fall "Accidentally in love" (Counting Crows) with your best friend, there is just so much less "Pressure" (Billy Joel) that way, don't you think?
And when I miss someone I want so badly to just be "where you are...and to see you smile" (Josh Groban).
I am not a fighter, so I just want to say, "Forget about it" (Allison Krauss) when the push comes to shove.
I guess most of all, though, I look at my life and think "I have been blessed" (Martina McBride) and "I thank God for you" (Sawyer Brown).

That's what hitting the go button on my shuffle works out to be. Maybe I should avoid blogging under the influence (of music).

It's an inevitable thing: music applies to life. That's the way those artists to perform it mean their music to be. Just think about it and I bet you'll find a song to fit your situation or mood. Or you could just be random as you go through your day and feel like your brain is just an ipod set to shuffle, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment