I am a people pleaser. It's who I am. I came that way. And the older I get, the more people I know. The more people I try to make happy.
At work, there are nights when I know that being who I normally am will irritate those I work with. It makes it more complicated for me because I am naturally loud (pick yourself up off the floor, I know you are shocked) and make random allusions to different movies or songs. The few people who completely get me throughout my life (the handful of them know who they are), can't be around me all the time.
At any rate, I came to the conclusion over the last little while that some people just aren't going to like me. There is a doctor that I work with who just doesn't care for my conversation topics--I'm positive that she doesn't read my column, either. I think I must be attracted to her last nerve and I just harp on it by being myself. I, luckily, don't have to work with her anymore because I drove her to retire (or she didn't want to pay for malpractice insurance anymore...probably the latter of the two).
The thing is, there are people out there that I don't understand. Or that I don't appreciate. There are people who make, what I consider to be, bad choices. Or who have all the luck. Any of these are reasons to not like someone...only that doesn't work for me. I honestly don't know anyone that I don't like because I just don't like them. It's just an unfathomable thing to me. Not liking someone just to not like them.
So, I appreciate those of you who understand me and like me anyway. You are loved by me. And those who don't like me, it's something I'm just going to have to deal with because there are some people who simply won't like me. It's their loss though because I'm a nice person. And a fierce friend. And I'd love to be liked.
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i like you, kamille. a lot!!
ReplyDeleteHey you girl! I like and love you a lot. Keep writing.
ReplyDeleteDid that lady doctor's names start with a W?
ReplyDelete