We are told many times and in many places the way we are to do things. There are rules and laws that govern our universe. And then there are those who would rather just do whatever they want and to heck with the rest of us who choose to follow the rules.
Dear people who think the rules don't apply to them: Those of us who merge when the sign tells us to merge don't care for those of you who merge at the very last minute nearly causing a crash for those of us who did as the sign said. Those of us who walk into the hospital during RSV season and read the sign that says "No one under the age of 14 allowed during this season" and; therefore, don't bring our children, get really irked by those of you who don't care what the sign said and just take your 2 year-old wherever you feel like it possibly causing entire groups of people to become ill. Those of us who read that the coupon only was available for use until the 15th of the month used it before the 15th of the month and are bothered by the fact that it's the 16th and we are standing behind you in line listening to you argue about how you still deserve the discount listed on the coupon. Guess what annoying people, THE RULES APPLY TO YOU!
I understand that as citizens of America, we have this chromosome that makes us feel better than everyone else (we do live in a great country), however, this entitlement isn't working for me or lots of others. I believe that if you stand in line, you deserve to get what you waited for. If you read the fine print, you warrant the benefit of your preparedness. If you take pride in a good deal fairly won, then hats off to you. On the other hand, if you feel success in skating by or capitalizing on others mistakes, shame on you.
The rules are there to protect us (signals are useful in cars) and to allow for fun and exciting things to happen (I love 25% off with an extra $10 off coupon). From now on, I assure you, I will not be the lady who is okay with someone cutting in line or cutting me off or choosing to ignore the signs. I will be the one who politely points out that I was already in line. I will be the one tossing my hands in the air when a car swerves into the lane in front of me with no rhyme or previous notice. I will be the one showing that the sign that is posted states blah blah blah and blah blah blah intends to be enforced. Hopefully if I am ever that lady to you, you won't walk away thinking unkind things about me. I'm just helping you understand that you are the only one who thinks, "that doesn't apply to me."
Friday, June 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hehehe. amen, sista!
ReplyDeleteWere you ever the one to sit quietly while someone cut? Ha,ha. I love it. Take a stand!
ReplyDeleteI love this one Kamille. The funny thing for me is that many times, I am the one who thinks the rules don't apply to me, but I get frustrated and loud about it in a different situation where somebody doesn't think the rules apply to them. I guess I am a hypocrite; aren't we all?
ReplyDelete